You’ve heard the term before — Dependa, and of course its spinoffs, dependa-potamous, dependa-saurus. There are so many ugly names military spouses call each other that it can make your stomach churn. But there are a couple of military spouses, aptly named #TheDependas, who are taking that ugly word back and giving the power to the military spouses who are anything but “dependas.”
#TheDependas are a military-spouse duo who try to find the funny in military life. Their quick YouTube videos talk about things all military spouses can relate to: learning the second language of military acronyms, deployments feeling like vacations, and base-housing life. But they also highlight military spouses who are doing amazing things in our community — from spouses who own their own brick-and-mortar stores to those who give back to the community through workout programs.
Together with Daily Mom Military and several other military-spouse owned companies, #TheDependas are hosting the Ultimate Dependas Giveaway in celebration of taking back the name “dependas” and using it for good instead of harm.
Enter below for a chance to win an amazing gift basket filled with these prizes:
- Earrings from Jane & Cope
- One premium download of the Organized Chaos App
- $15 gift card to Jena Boom
- A Milspouse tee from The Rosie Project Apparel
- Talk to the Teacher, plus two 30-minute school-success coaching sessions and a 25 percent discount in the School Success Shop from MilKids Ed
- A personalized Welcome sign from Simply Schulze
- A prize pack from Military Gift Market, including a Welcome and At Ease pillow, a floral makeup bag, a Deployment mug, and bracelet
- A copy of Cloaked, a novel by Marine spouse Taylor Hobbs
- A #TheDependas wine tumbler, tee, and sticker
Enter below for your chance to win!
Entries valid in the US and APO/FPO. Must be 18 years or older to enter. No purchase necessary. See complete rules for details.