Ah, the holidays — the most wonderful time of the year is here! It’s time for decorations, shopping, and lights galore! Shopping — oh gosh, the shopping — it can be overwhelming. The long lines, traffic, and all…the…people — but, hark! We have a list of what military spouses really want for the holidays, and most of them can be ordered online! Huzzah! Crowdsourcing for the win. So, scroll on for the military spouse-approved list of gifts for military spouses this holiday season.
For the Kitchen
- Le Creuset Tea Kettle — They come in a variety of colors, so they are pretty to look at, and they heat up water quickly for when a cuppa is needed for that late-night phone call!
- Nespresso Lattissima Plus — Speaking of strong beverages to keep the family unit moving, the Nespresso system is one of the most-loved and most-requested gifts for military spouses. Bonus: The parts are dishwasher safe, saving on cleaning time, and it froths milk! Save on those coffee runs and make coffee-house coffee at home!
- KitchenAid Stand Mixers — This classic kitchen appliance can whip up a batch of cookies, whipped cream, and even shred cooked chicken. It’s ever ready for any potluck.
For the Home
- Shark Apex Vacuum — Milspouses know how to have a good field day cleaning at home, and this vacuum is beloved by spouses for its ability to clean and do it well.
- Linen sheets — This was mentioned multiple times from multiple brands on an online Facebook group for military spouses. Psst — apparently the best time to snag some from Williams and Sonoma is when they have a 75-percent-off sale, and they come highly recommended. This set from the Target (pronounced tar-jay) was also recommended.
- Ninja Coffee Maker — Caffeine is a necessary coping technique for crazy schedules, long nights, and parenthood. One military spouse said this is the one thing she would run into her burning house for — so that’s pretty telling.
For the Body
- Lush — To wind down, relax and rejuvenate, military spouses around the globe turn to Lush. The adorably shaped bubble bars aren’t just fun to look at. They provide a quiet, lush moment that always smells amazing.
- Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser — Running out to do a mini-facial at the local spa, aka the bathroom, is on every milspouse’s to do list.
- Better Than Sex Mascara — Need we say more?
For the Tummy
- Guittard Chocolate Chips — For the sweet tooth, for the rough day, for the celebration — good chocolate is necessary in most homes. From semi-sweet to choc-au-lait to extra-dark chocolate, there are many choices and many levels of sweetness. You probably need them all.
- Perky Moose — This small business makes gourmet beverages of lemonade, cocktails, and cappuccinos. You will be ready for the holiday parties with a drink or drink mix the host is sure to appreciate!
- Wine — Trader Joe’s fruity, bubbly wine, Troublemaker, Meiomi, Francis Coppola Claret — are just some of our favorites. An adult moment in a bottle is something that a spouse, a parent, a professional needs from time to time.
- Amazon Fire Stick — There is so much power in this tiny little piece of technology. With TV shows, music, and apps at your fingertips, this is bound to bring about many a smile.
- What Do You Meme card game — This adult party game is suitable for a hilarious time, and games are a hit with the military spouse crowd — because we all need a life. But, holy moly, remember, this is adults only.
- All Creatures Big and Small — If you’re looking for a fun board game to play with your spouse or a friend, this is it.
- Chatbooks — We live in a digital age where everything is on the phone, computer, or tablet. You’re reading this on such a device. So is it a wonder that we don’t print pictures anymore? Chatbooks are the answer. Affordable, durable, and easy to make — make this a top choice for turning those digital memories into actual keepsakes.
- Ecovessel Water Bottle — In the words of one spouse, “It has a straw, it doesn’t leak, [it] is triple insulated so water stays cold forever, and it fits in every car cup holder.” Pardon us while we add to cart.
- Laminator — Hear us out. There are so many uses. Laminate the family letters, Lego instructions, or currency from the worldly travels. Preserve keepsakes for posterity in the comfort of your own home. It is practical, useful, and affordable.
- Roomba — A robot that cleans for you, can be scheduled, and can clean at a moment’s notice — move over, Jetsons, Roomba is here!
Oprah has nothing on this list of milspouse favorite things! If you are looking for an epic gift that will be enjoyed and is sure to be talked about for years to come, you’ve got your pick from this list!
What else could a milspouse want for the holidays? Only everything in our Military Spouse Gift Guide. Check it out now, and let the online shopping begin!
Pictures: Eastern Sky Photography NC | Pixabay